Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lemon Ricotta Potatoes


Print

Can I tell you that I have an obsession?  Yes, I have an obsession with food blogs.  I am constantly adding new blogs to my Google Reader and it's getting rather ridiculous.  I have a few other blogs I like to follow but I would say about 97% of them are food-related.  I have an uncontrollable amount of recipes marked in my reader to print off and someday make and to be frank with y'all, at this point, I have no idea if I'm ever going to get to all of them!  From the minute I wake up and get coffee going in my bloodstream, I am on the computer checking to see what new posts are out of recipes that look appetizing.  It's insane!  Does anyone else have this problem?  I sure hope I'm not the only one!

Among my rather ridiculous food blog obsession, I have others as well, but we'll save that for another time.  For now, for today, we'll just focus on food!  There is one blog, in particular, with which I enjoy following because not only does it give some fantastic recipes, it also provides it's readers with great ideas for new kitchen gadgets and trendy kitchen decor.  I'll be honest in that I'm mostly in it for the recipes but every now and then an idea or look will catch me eye that they've blogged about.   This recipe actually comes from that blog and that blog is none other than The Kitchn.

They posted this recipe recently and I marked it in my Google Reader with the intentions of not putting it in the archives for later, but to make it rather soon.  You see, there are some recipes that I come across that are just not worth waiting for - they are much, much more than that and need to be (quickly) put on the menu for trying.  I did just that.  I put these delectable little potatoes filled with heaven (yes, heaven) on the menu for this past weekend.  I served them with Herbed Shrimp with Asparagus and I cannot even begin to tell how well-balanced the flavors of that meal were!

These potatoes are a must-have for any meal of the sort: dinner, parties, fancy get-togethers, quick lunches, etc.  Oh My Goodness.  They were so easy and required hardly any ingredients other than a baked potato, a little Parmesan, some ricotta and fresh lemon zest.  You would think the cheese on the potato would've made for a heavy dish, but the lemon zest lightened it up so much and the combination was like little puffs of cheese on top of potatoes...simply delectable!


Lemon Ricotta Potatoes

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs. Small Red Potatoes
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated
Zest from 1/2 Lemon
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil for drizzling

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Place the potatoes on a long piece of aluminum foil (about 3' long).  Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Bring up the edges of the foil around the potatoes to make a tent.  Place tent of potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. 

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta and Parmesan cheese until blended well.  Add in the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Once potatoes are cool enough to touch, use a paring knife to mark an "X" in the top of each potato.  Gently squeeze them to break up the potato inside.  Gently spoon the cheese mixture into each potato and lightly drizzle with olive oil.  Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 Servings
Source: Adapted from The Kitchn, originally adapted from Everyday Food

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look divine! Beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog. Love all the great recipes.

Dunne' on July 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM said...

Aw, thanks Moogie! Welcome! I'm on a bit of a hiatus right now because we're moving, but look for lots of great new recipes to come soon!

Post a Comment

 

With a Cherry on Top Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice